Designed for use in areas where there is a clearly identified risk of self harm. Phoenix reduced-ligature hinges provide a discreet and effective solution by greatly reducing the possibility of the hinge knuckle projection being used as a ligature point.
The choice of hinges featuring Phoenix reduced-ligature profiles includes high performance concealed bearing architectural hinges and full length continuous hinges in either standard format or the ultra slim Interleaf option.
Reduced-ligature interleaf continuous hinges save installation time as doors do not require rebating, whilst the unique interleaf construction allows for a minimal 3mm gap between door and frame, unlike a standard architectural continuous hinge gap of 12mm.
- Reduced-ligature architectural hinges are based on the highly specified 7700 series
- The reduced-ligature butt hinge range incorporates maintenance free polymer bearing technology, anti-tamper screws and includes a twenty five year guarantee
- The 7700 series has been successfully tested to the DHF TS001 recommendation for reduced-ligature products and has been certified to BS EN 1935 Grade 14, 160kg, CE marked and CERTFIRE approved
- Standard hinge sizes available:
- 101 x 70mm,
- 101 x 76mm,
- 101 x 89mm,
- suitable for 44mm and 54mm thick doors.
For more information please see
7700 Series Concealed Bearing Reduced Ligature Range
Continuous Hinges with reduced ligature